“Antica Locanda Sturion”, probably Venice’s most ancient hotel still running, is a cosy small Venetian House featuring just 11 Rooms. Its decor and Venetian red damask make it special, creating a truly traditional unique and cosy feeling.
Superb views of the Grand Canal and Rialto Bridge from the two Superior Rooms and the beautiful Breakfast Lounge, which is also:
- a reading room with a tiny yet well-stocked library boasting a number of books in various languages.
- a living room for an afternoon break and taking photos of the magnificent sunsets on the Grand Canal.
Recall that the hotel offers breakfast for Celiac (Gluten Free)
This Boutique Hotel is a small and well-established family business run by Nicole, Manuela, Helen and Flavia, who will do all their best to provide you with specific suggestions and advice for an unusual and intriguingly unique approach to our town.
As there is no lift to reach the Locanda, situated on the top floor of an Ancient Palace on the Grand Canal, we want our Guest to be aware they have to climb a long stairs, but our porter Giuseppe will be happy to help you carrying upstairs your heaviest items.
- Gluten-free breakfast for celiac.
- Breakfast buffet: 08:00 am to 9:30 am
- Kettle with Tea&Coffe&Biscuits in all rooms
- Check out: 11:00 am
- Check in 02:00 pm on
- Our restaurant “Bistrot de Venise”
- Our Residenza Bistrot de Venise flats
- Our 3 star Hotel Antica Locanda al Gambero in St. Mark’s area
- Breakfast for Celiac (Gluten Free)
- Library in several languages, dedicated to Venice’s history and art.
- Parking, special Garage agreement in Piazzale Roma
- 10% discount at Tripadvisor & Michelin Top rated “Bistrot de Venise”
- Internet Point: complimentary
- Free Internet Wi-Fi: complimentary
- I-Pad: complimentary use for our Guests (if available)
- Fax service
- Classical Music Concerts: schedules and booking
- Tourist information of any kind
- Tour of Murano glassworks and the Laguna islands, schedules and booking
- Baggage room
- Paid transfer service on request
Let us lead you to the discovery of Venice’s most secret and hidden spots:
- Top secret Venice; an unusual walk with an authorised guide
- Exploring Venice by Night; a night walk with an authorised guide
- A full day on a “Bragozzo” boat, including lunch on board and various excursions
- Discover the vineyards on the Laguna islands with Rebecca
- Pescaturismo (recreational fishing) with Burano’s fishermen and Rebecca
- Guided eno-gastronomic tours in the Prosecco hills
- Introducing Amarone wine: guided oenological tours
- Venice’s Cuisine and Historic Wines with Sara (guide –sommelier )
- Meet Venice’s last true craftsmen with Valentina and Rebecca
- Mysterious Venice: ghosts and legends; a walk with an authorised guide